Monday, December 17, 2012

two years, one month, two weeks

Dear Zac,

Before you were even born, I used to dream about you. Whenever I felt anxious about labor and delivery, or unsure of how I would be as a mother, I would do my best to imagine what you would be like when you were finally here.

I would dream of the day that you and I would take a walk together, without a stroller. We would be holding hands, walking side by side. On our walks, we would be singing songs and talking about our day.

You can imagine how absolutely amazing it is to watch my dreams come true.

Until just a few weeks ago, if I would start singing to you, you would listen and only occasionally chime in. Now, you sing WITH us when we sing songs you know. I love how at bed time, because you know so many songs, you can pick which songs we sing.

Some of your favorite songs are:
Edelweiss (you like to sing it, or listen to me hum)
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
You Are My Sunshine (or as you call it, "butt shine")
ABC song ("ABCD")
China Man
I am Sitting Sewing ("housey")
Tick-Tock (in Hebrew)
Dubim (also in Hebrew)
Ani Motek (also in Hebrew)
5 Little Monkeys
Rock-a-bye Baby (with your own lyrics, of course!)
We are the Dinosaurs
Pig on her Head
Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes


Thank you for loving music as much as I do.

Thank you for never letting a day go by without singing with me.

So much love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment