Wednesday, July 24, 2013

two years, eight months, three weeks

Dear Zachary,

Tonight was the 5th night in a row that we put you in your big boy bed for the night and, for the most part, you stayed in your bed until you finally fell asleep. I am so proud of you. I know we've changed your sleeping arrangements a lot over the past month between taking off the side of the crib, to going on vacation and having you sleep on an air- mattress in two different houses over the course of 10 days. And although I've done my share of complaining and experienced my own anxieties about you being done with the crib, it looks as if, at this exact moment, that you are settling into this new routine. Finally.

Sleep tight, my little man. I know you'll be running into my room at some point in the middle of the night, asking to "sleep in mommy daddy's bed". And mommy and/or daddy will have to walk you back to your big boy bed...

I love you, even though you completely exhaust me most days.

Love,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment