Wednesday, February 20, 2013

two years, three months, two weeks

Dear Zac,

I am absolutely loving spending this week with you! We are both off from school/work and have been taking advantage of our time together. We have gone to the Natural History museum with friends, run a bunch of errands, had friends over for brunch, slept in, taken long naps, baked muffins and cookies and visited a good friend in New Jersey. We've played with trains, read books, rolled out play-doh, built tunnels, painted, and colored with crayons. We've watched a ton of "Elmo's song" on YouTube. You have pointed out every triangle, every "Z" and every helicopter you see.

We started our week together by spending the day at Micki's house with your brand new baby cousin, Twila. It was heart-warming to see how gentle you were with her. And you weren't jealous at all that I was holding her for so long. You were also very excited to spend time with cousin Willow, so I get that was a good distraction for you.

I know that you will be fine going back to school next week, but mommy could really get used to staying home with you.

I'm going to savor these next few days at home, enjoying your company, hearing you come running from wherever you were, calling for "My mommy! My mommy!"

I love you so much, my Zachary.

Love,
your mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment