Thursday, May 16, 2013

two years, six months, one week

Dear Zachary,

Sorry for all the potty-related letters lately. I promise there won't be too many more. I am just SO proud of you for all your potty accomplishments!

This week we are really working on the poop-training. To say that you are not having an easy time would be am understatement. You know when you have to poop and you know what you have to do, but when it comes to sitting on the potty and getting it done, you freak out. You would rather hold it in that have an accident and tonight, during the two hour back and forth to the potty, you told me "the poop doesn't want to come out. It needs to stay in my butt!" Finally you couldn't hold it in any longer and you did sit on the potty long enough for it to all come out.

Yesterday mommy went to your school for your spring parent-teacher conference. Your teachers love you so much and are really very happy to have you in their class. You are excelling at math and language skills. You count items accurately and can read short 3-letter words by sounding them out. You are always happy and curious and your teachers commented on your healthy attachment and that you never cry for me. You eat well, nap well, and play nicely with the other kids. You spend a good amount of time testing limits and exploring your own strength. They laughed as they explained to me how many plates and glasses you have broken... Yikes!

I hope you always love school this much and that I can keep up with you this summer!

Lots of love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment