Wednesday, April 10, 2013

two years, five months

Dear Zac,

Now that you're pretty much potty trained, you know all kinds of fun words to describe what happens in the bathroom. I think, possibly, hearing you talk about pee and poop has kept me laughing through this whole potty-training experience. (Which I'm convinced has been way more stressful for me than for you.) I've really enjoyed reading Everyone Poops with you. You like "touching" all the animal poop. "Yucky!!!!!" And, luckily for us, you've actually really enjoyed learning to use the toilet and...well...exploring different positions...to pee.

Today you peed standing up in the toilet for the first time. This looked something like, mommy holding you under your armpits while you stood ON the toilet seat, knees slightly bent, both of us watching your pee land (evenly, I might add!) in the toilet.  You didn't get all the pee out, and said to me "There's more pee but it's too hard...I sit now."

The second you sat on your little potty, you farted. Loudly. And it echoed. You thought that this was hysterical.  But to me the fart itself was not nearly as funny as your reaction,

                       "I'm passing gas! Excuuuuu-me!"

I don't think mommy and daddy have EVER used the term "passing gas" to describe you farting. (I'm assuming you must have learned that at school.) So, I added, "You did! You farted!"

                        "I did fart. That's funny!"

So, at barely 2 and a haf, farting is already funny. Great.

Thanks for keeping me laughing, my little comedian. Looking forward to finding out what else makes you laugh.

Love,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment