Wednesday, November 21, 2012

two years, two weeks

Dear Zac,

"What are you doing?"

This question has become quite a joke around here. While you continue to master the English language, you still continue to need some help using the words "I" or "me" when talking about yourself. "Mommy carry you" really means "Mommy, carry ME", "you did it, Zachary!" means "I did it", "you okay?" means "I hurt myself doing something I shouldn't have been doing" and "what are you doing?" means...

"I know I shouldn't be doing this, so come FAST!"

Yesterday, while I thought you were playing quietly in your room, you were actually in the bathroom. Usually, when you play by yourself, I peek my head in every so often and make sure you're not climbing on the furniture or writing on the walls. Most parents know, silence from your child is not necessarily good! (Just go ask your Aunt Micki.)

So, when I heard you say in your cute little voice, "What are you doing?" after several minutes of quiet, I came fast. Before I made it to the other side of the living room, out you ran from the bathroom with one end of the toilet paper roll. I couldn't help but repeat, "what ARE you doing?" while doing my best to stifle my laughter.

Just a few minutes later, you were settled back with your trucks in your bedroom and I heard a crash. This time it was my turn to ask "what are you doing?". Your response? "I break it!" And you were quite pleased with yourself. So,  I came back to your room, this time a little faster. Your brand new tractor (from cousin Willow), was lying on the floor on its side and the shovel front was in your hand. Mommy was able to easily clip the shovel back on and what did you then say? "I do it again!"and you sent the tractor off the side of your bookcase only to break it again.

Thanks for the endless hours of entertainment.

Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment